NAME is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1990. Our mission is to ensure that all students receive an equitable education and that together we strive to fight the injustices in our schools and in the community. You can help by becoming a member, volunteering your time to support our many projects and/or with your tax-deductible donations. All donations to NAME are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
•• CLICK to DONATE NOW ••
If you prefer to donate by check, please mail to:
NAME National Office
2100 M Street, Suite 170-245
Washington DC 20037
Contact us by email:
By email: In addition to the general email, we have dedicated emails for many people/issues, to expedite communications. General email questions or comments can be sent to:
Direct emails addresses:
- Political action issues: Action@NAMEorg.org
- Info on Ads and/or Exhibits at conference: Marketing@NAMEorg.org
- Nominations for annual NAME awards: Awards@NAMEorg.org
- Annual conference questions: Conference@NAMEorg.org
- To volunteer at conference: ConfVolunteers@NAMEorg.org
- Intensive Institute questions: Institutes@NAMEorg.org
- To post postions on Job Bank: Jobbank@NAMEorg.org
- To submit item for listserve: Listmoderator@NAMEorg.org
- To reach local conference hosts: LocalConfHost@NAMEorg.org
- For marketing questions: Marketing@NAMEorg.org
- To announce a new book published: MCBooks@NAMEorg.org
- To submit a film for the MC Film Festival: MCFilms@NAMEorg.org
- Questions concerning the journal: MCPerspectives@NAMEorg.org
- Membership status: Membership@NAMEorg.org
- Newsletter items: NAMEnews@NAMEorg.org
- Nominations for Board seats: Nominations@nameorg.org
- Outreach issues: Outreach@NAMEorg.org
- Praxis journal: Praxis@NAMEorg.org
- To reach NAME’s President: President@nameorg.org
- To reach NAME’s President Elect: PrezElect@NAMEorg.org
- Questions about proposal submission and review: Proposals@NAMEorg.org
- Submit scholarhip applications or questions: Scholarships@NAMEorg.org
- Silent auction questions/donations: Silentauction@nameorg.org
- To reach NAME’s Web spinner: Webspinner@NAMEorg.org
Contact us by phone: 202.679.NAME (6263)
Join the NAME List serv: CLICK HERE
Follow us on Facebook: CLICK HERE
By USPS Mail: NAME National Office
2100 M Street, Suite 170-245
Washington DC 20037
Membership includes the following benefits:
- Free subscription to NAME’s quarterly journal, Multicultural Perspectives (for more information on the journal, contact Penelope Lisi, Co-Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Publications section of the NAME Web site);
- Free NAME Newsletter published three times a year;
- Free subscription to NAME-MCE, a ListServ (email discussion group) with over 950 members.
- Reduced registration fee for NAME’s annual conference;
- Opportunity to participate in state and local chapters, regional affiliates, and national committees;
- Participation in the election of national officers, board of directors, and regional directors.
For more information on becoming a member of NAME, please click here.
Additional Ways You Can Support NAME:
Each search with Good Search will result in a small donation to NAME!
When asked for the charity or organization, enter “National Association for Multicultural Education“
Advertise in the 2014 NAME Annual Conference program
Show your support, promote your program, product, advocacy issue or publication.
Email: Marketing@nameorg.org for details.
We are always looking for people willing to volunteer!
We need people to:
- draft press releases, resolutions, and position papers
- help with partnership development and grant writing
- assist at NAME events and conferences
- assist at the National Office in Bethesda MD
- join a NAME committee
If you are interested in volunteering with NAME, please contact us!
NAME Speakers Bureau
Training & Consultation Service
One of NAME’s Tools to Fix the World
Join your NAME Friends in the development of our Speakers Bureau
As a vehicle to spread our message, expand our audience, and raise additional revenue to support the growth of the organization, NAME’s Speakers Bureau will be marketed as a consulting service to corporations, schools and others looking for expertise and training in multicultural issues, social justice, and equity.
The SPEAKERS BUREAU will serve these primary audiences:
- To support local and regional NAME Events, organized by our chapters and collaborating partners, and;
- To districts, corporations, agencies, institutions to provide training, consultation and technical assistance in the full range of diversity issues.
Participants in the Speakers Bureau are encouraged to donate a portion of the fees for their services to the organization to support the development of new projects and programs.
Show your support and sign up for the NAME Speakers Bureau! Join the efforts to spread our work!
If you are interested in participating in the NAME Speakers Bureau, please contact us with the following information:
- Phone number
- Mailing Address
- NAME Chapter Affiliation
- Have you presented at a NAME Conference?
- If so, when? Please include presentation topic
- Principle topic(s) of expertise
- Focus of your professional work:
- Community organizations
- Higher Ed
- Preferred audience(s)
Please also consider these ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO SUPPORT NAME:
If you can contribute the following resources to the Speakers Bank, please contact us!
- Frequent Flier Miles
- Office Equipment
- Office Supplies
- Other professional services
- Other donations